Since setting my goal to start a blog and actually realizing this dream – I learned a lot about self doubt and how to overcome it.
Surely, I decided that I need to share this with you. I guess self doubt is one of the biggest reasons us girls keep settling for less than we really want. The problem is not that we do not have any goals – the problem is that the doubt in ourselves keeps us from achieving it.
What is self doubt:
- the fear of not being good enough
- not believing in ourselves
- sometimes connected to low self esteem
- not appreciating parts of who you are
The thing with self doubt is – it tells us that we will not be able to reach our goal. We will not be able to create the life of our dreams, because we are not good enough in some way.
Why it is important to overcome self doubt:
Being constantly told that you are not good enough by yourself is something that will destroy your future. Think about that way: would you want to have a friend constantly telling you that you are not able to reach your goals? Well, I am sure you would not even call her a friend. So why do stuff like this to yourself? Treat yourself as how you would want others to treat you!
You will not be able to completely delete self doubt out of your life – but minimizing it is totally possible and required if you want to create a happy version of yourself and your life. Giving self doubt too much room will allow it to build a wall between where you are and where you want to be.
By believing the statements of your self doubt (“You are not good enough!” etc.) we will turn those sentences into a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you focus on the bad things that could happen – they most likely will happen. So work on yourself to stop doing this.
How to overcome your self doubt:
- Worst Case Scenario Think about what is the worst thing that could happen – and stay realistic with that. Self doubt lives from catastrophic and non realistic forecasts. Doing this exercise will help you keeping things in perspective.
- Find the trigger Wait for a situation in which your self doubt starts talking. What kind of situations are they? What trigger could they have? After finding this out – start doing something about it.
- Self Love Self love is probably the killer of self doubt. You can not doubt yourself that hard while loving and trusting in yourself. Start talking nice to yourself – always. Practice self love whenever you can.
- Affirmations Affirmations are a great tool to overcome self doubt and strengthening your self love! I am sure that they are one of the most important things that brought me where I am now. You can find wonderful Affirmations on the Internet (Pinterest, etc.), there are also lots and lots of books about it. But I really love creating Affirmations myself. Think about what your self doubt tells you and create Affirmations accordingly. For example: I am not good enough – I am good enough. I will never reach my goals – I will reach my goals.
I really hope I could help you with those tips! If you got any ideas, questions or need help – you can always write me an email!
Also make sure to subscribe to my newsletter – I will send you weekly tips and motivation on how to create the best version of yourself & the life of your dreams!
Books which helped me: ( please notice: those are affiliate links, I will receive a small amount of the paid price, you won’t have to pay more than normally! It helps me to keep this blog going.)
You may also like to read:
- How to set priorities and simplify your life
- Create a goal planner that will help you reach anything
- How to create a Vision Board