One thing I struggled with over the last few months and probably also the last years (but not as conscious) – are negative people. I guess we all know those people which you see and already feel their negativity and bad mood spreading through every pore of their body. And for some reason it seems as if they always want you too feel just as bad as they do, and for some reason it seems as if their negativity finds it’s way into your system – actually making you feel as if you are in a bad mood, too.
I remember myself not even realizing that the bad mood or negative energy I felt wasn’t coming from myself – but from someone else. I never realized that I could feel how other people felt, I just accepted the fact that I was feeling negative – without any reason.
After some time I did learn that I could actually feel how other people were feeling, I guess this happened around one year ago and got stronger over time. I recognized that whenever I was surrounded by people who were in a bad mood – I start feeling worse, too. But it was also the other way around – when I were surrounded by positive and happy people – I start feeling the same way, which I absolutely loved and still love.
During the last, I guess, two month I learned that no emotion, feeling or energy that I am experiencing comes from me or even makes me who I am. As I said – they are all experiences which come and then go again. How much attention you give them and how much power you let them have over yourself – is decided by you, only you.
Watching the whole thing from this point of view I came to the conclusion that I doesn’t really matter if I’m feeling the bad energy from someone else or myself – it is all just bad energy flowing around space, visiting some beings and than traveling further. But I still find it a lot harder to maintain happiness and positivity while I am surrounded by negative people. As it is sometimes enough to cope with when negativity visits me.
Over time I found some ways to keep distance between myself and negative People which I am now going to share with you:
- I guess the first tip is very obvious: distance yourself from negative people. Stop spending time with them. If you need to spend time with them: keep it as short as possible. I know this may sound harsh – focusing on the fact that this negative person could be a friend or even family. But there is just no sense in spending hours and hours with someone who is bringing you out of balance, making you feel bad.
- Get clear about the fact that negativity is just a visitor who will leave you again, realize that negativity does not make you who you are. You are not negative, there is just some negativity inside you. This will help you to not get too frustrated with challenging situations.
- Surround yourself with positive people and let positivity float through yourself and your life. If there are 99% positive people in your life with whom you spend your time – that 1% negativity won’t matter that much, trust me.
- Try to put a barrier between yourself and negative people. You will meet them in trains, busses, the city and so on. And sometimes there won’t be a way to distance yourself in that very moment. Realize that you are full of positivity and your positivity is not and will never be diminished by the negativity of other people! Imagine a coat of love, happiness and positivity surrounding you, imagine that this coat will never let negativity come through – it is your barrier. I know this sounds abstract but it really helped me, it is all about your mindset and what you believe in.
- You can still change the situation – even after you let in some of the negativity. Make yourself positive thoughts, speak affirmations in your head, get excited about something you are doing next, meditate when you are alone again.
I hope those tipps while help you over time to deal better with negative people and not let them destroy your mood and day.
Sending love and happiness your way, Sarah.
You may also like: