“Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
I created my “Happy List” a long time ago and it really helped me to transform my life to being more happy in the moment. A Happy List is a great way to support you in difficult time of your day, your week or your life in general. I initially had the idea after starting a Gratitude Journal.. but a Happy List is much more general and applicable.
What exactly is a “Happy List”?
Your Happy List is going to be your personal collection of aaaaaaall the things which make you happy, all the things that take you out of your mind – back into yourself & your life. It can be a book, a document on your computer or a big sheet of paper.. whatever. You decide!
- choose the product (book, paper, document, ..)
- design it! make it YOUR happy list, decorate it with pictures and colors, it should already make you smile just by looking at it. create it just the way you want it to be.
- now take your time to collect all the things which make you happy.. drinking tea, taking a hot bath, reading your favorite book, going for a walk, playing with children. you know yourself best so seek deep inside yourself for those things.
- every time you detect something new that makes you happy: add it to your list. having a happy list is nothing you start and finish today, it is a lifelong project striving to be a collection of your personal Happiness
Interested in self love? download my free mini ebook!
How to use your Happy List:
Of course there is a deeper use to your List of Happiness than just collecting the things which make you happy. If you don’t already guessed how you could use it in a helpful way I am now going to tell you!
The next time you feel bad about yourself or your life, the next time you are in a bad mood: put out your Happy List. Read through the pages, look at all the things which make you happy, than choose 1) thing you are going to do right now in order to lift up your mood. If you still feel bad after.. choose the next one. Do this until you feel better.
BUT: Keep in mind that this is just a quick fix.
It can be very helpful to get you out of this dark place which is very important and the first step in order to change something. But just doing those things, feeling better and then going back to your day won’t help you in the long run.
In order to really solve your problems and in order to feel good on a daily basis without having to put out your happy list day by day.. it is important to find out why you feel the way you do. Most of the time there is a deeper reason to your frustration, sadness and anger than a rainy day or someone being mean to you. After bringing your self back into a brighter mood, sit down and try to find out the root of those problems. This is the real first step into changing your life.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly Newsletter if you want to get the extra dose of Inspiration, Information & Motivation!
you may also like:
- what to do when feeling overwhelmed
- overcome your fear of failure
- why you should learn to be alone
- going through bad times